Without any justification or explanation, this page is just a list of the types of treatment we use at Pro Chiro with our Sports Chiropractic approach.
What matters most is the application of the right technique, to the right person, for the right condition, for the right reasons.
Read through this page to see if we offer a particular treatment that you’ve heard about or had success with in the past, but we recommend you read through the Sports Chiropractic page to understand more about our approach behind the treatments.
Chiropractic Spinal Adjustments
Spinal adjustments or manipulations are well researched as to their effectiveness. The purpose of an adjustment or a manipulation is to:
- Restore normal motion to stiff and dysfunctional areas of the spine
- Loosen tight muscles and reduce pain levels
- Improve coordination and bodily awareness
Extremity Joint Adjustments
Extremity adjustments are important as they help to ensure that the body as a whole is moving and functioning at as high of a level as possible, with no chinks in the chain so to speak. Similarly to adjustments for the spine, these help to:
- Restore normal joint mechanics
- Reduce pain and muscle tightness
- Allow greater performance in sport through increases in strength
Soft Tissue Releases And Other Manual Therapy
We are skilled in and utilise several techniques that are effective for soft tissue treatment including:
- Myofascial release techniques – used to restore normal function of the soft tissue and enhance recover time from an injury
- Various forms of PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation) stretching – for stretching and relaxing tight and shortened muscles, increasing range of motion and active mobility
- Neuromobilisation techniques – used in treating pain from a nerve origin and helping to enhance the recovery
Rehabilitation And Movement Coaching
When returning to sport or recovering from an injury it is essential to ensure the injured area is as strong as possible to help prevent recurrence. We endeavour to make the treatment personal for you. That’s why we are more focused on movements related to your specific goals and day to day activities than motions from a textbook. The purpose of this is to:
- Strengthen a weakened area to prevent recurrence
- Groove appropriate movement patterns
- Increase confidence and general strength